By joining this forum you agree to abide by the following:
Registration to this forum is free! To keep this forum clean, usable, and helpful to others we do insist that you abide by the following rules and policies
Although the administrators and moderators of Geneva TaxFACTS Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the contributor. The Geneva TaxFACTS Forum will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws. Geneva TaxFACTS Forum reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or thread for any or no reason whatsoever. You also agree that in posting to a publically viewable forum, you waive any intellectual property rights to anything you may post.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review all posted messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Furthermore, we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages all the time and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. However, this is a manual process. So please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, its owners, administrators, moderators and hosting company with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We at this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
1. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person´s privacy, or otherwise violates any law, or that encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
2. When stating facts, statistics, or newsworthy bulletins, please include a link or reference to the source. If you are merely providing an opinion, please mention this in your post.
3. As membership of Geneva TaxFACTS is not restricted according to age, you may not post any material or carry out any discussions unsuitable for minors.
4. You may not post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any forum. In other words, please stay on topic. We have set up forums for subjects of interest to our users - please post in the appropriate area. We will move posts and threads as necessary.
5. You may not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
6. You may not engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including "flaming”, "spamming", "flooding", "trolling" and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet. While differences of opinion are expected and may be openly aired, personal attacks will not be tolerated and may result in a warning, moderation or even ban. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
7. You may not engage in or publish advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations on this forum, or otherwise sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others or use any forum for commercial purposes of any kind.
8. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum. You can post a summary of an article or quote several lines of it and a link to the full story, but not the full article.
One of the main aims of the forum is to provide useful feedback about problems. Constructive, rational, well-founded criticism, suggestions for improvements and so on are most welcome and may be regarded as central to the purpose of Geneva TaxFACTS.
But, please do so in a manner which is not demeaning, disrespectful or in any way insulting to any individuals involved. We hope that the forum is being read by community members as well as elected officials. We equally hope that there will be plenty of helpful feedback as to what is not working as well as it should, what problems need immediate action, etc.
As understanding as it may be that some problems can be frustrating, particularly if they are not solved as fast as we may hope, we will not tolerate any form of ranting, bashing, insulting, sideswipes etc. Please help to make everyone welcome and interested in helping with issues - a polite, friendly tone is essential to ensuring this.
Anyone repeatedly venting their frustrations in any such manner may be moderated or even banned. We are anxious to avoid any such situation and we will step in to prevent discussions deteriorating into repeated moaning and bashing. We wish the Geneva TaxFACTS Forum to be friendly and we are convinced that it is possible to carry out critical discussions without resorting to any such behavior. It does not serve the interests of the community as a whole.
Finally - as we may from time to time revise the rules, please return here periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes made.